Birth Doula Package
Your birth doula package includes:
- Me, a professionally trained and certified birth doula with experience in doula support, childbirth and breastfeeding.
- 1-2 in-depth prenatal visits to cover your ideal birth experience, discuss your emotional feelings about birth and provide information and resources to help prepare you for your journey.
- A complete birth packet with helpful tools to prepare you for labour and a good place to store all your prenatal information, birth preferences and documents.
- A full resource list relating to your key focus areas. We will uncover your to focus areas in the prenatal visits.
- Daily access and support via email, phone or text during your pregnancy for any questions, concerns or motivation. 24 hour access and support during your on-call period.
- Emails with birth related articles, links, videos and other resources leading up to your due date.
- Attendance and continuous support during your birth.
- Non-medical comfort tools to use with you in labour.
- A back-up doula for the birth in case of a special circumstance.
- Lending library of pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding books to borrow up to 3 months postpartum.
- 1 postpartum follow-up to see how mom and baby are doing and to review your birth.
- 2 hours of postpartum support if needed
Postpartum Doula Package
Your postpartum doula package includes:
- Me, a professionally trained postpartum doula with experience in supporting new mothers, baby care, infant feeding, sibling adjustment and all aspects of in-home support.
- 1 in-depth prenatal or postnatal visit to cover your postpartum plan, discuss your needs for support and provide information and resources to help prepare you during your transition into motherhood.
- In-home support designed for your specific and unique needs.
- Support immediately after baby is born, in hospital, birth centre or home, (if required)
- Help with emotional and physical recovery after birth.
- Assistance in purchasing items you may need.
- Assistance and support in infant feeding, whether it be breastfeeding, bottle-feeding, pumping, or formula-feeding.
- Support in home, mornings, days, evenings and overnights, as determined by you.
- Daily access and support via email, phone or text (3 hours included)
- Assistance in soothing, settling and sleep techniques for baby
- Navigating through your options and assistance with newborn care, such as diapering, bathing, and comforting.
- Referrals to local resources such as parenting classes, lactation support and support groups.
Elle TENS Machine – 5 Week Rental
The Elle TENS machine is a small handheld device that uses mild electrical impulses through the skin to stimulate nerve fibers. In labour, a woman can use a TENS machine to help reduce back pain while having full control over the machine and the impulses.
TENS (which stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) is a safe and effective means of combating pain during the process of childbirth. It works by sending comfortable, gentle pulses to the nerves through four electrode pads placed on the skin. It utilizes the Gate Theory of Pain Control by gently stimulating your sensory nerves to suppress or block the pain signal to the brain. When these pain signals are blocked, it becomes more difficult for the brain to register the sensation of pain (or it opts for the more pleasant pulsing sensation). Freedom of movement means that she is able to use other comfort measures at the same time. All of the settings are pre-set, so there is no guess work or fuss – just optimal pain relief when and where you need it!
Endorphins (often referred to as the body’s natural opiates) are produced naturally by the body to manage pain. High endorphin levels can make you feel alert, attentive, and even euphoric after birth, as you begin to get to know and care for your baby. In this early, postpartum period, endorphins and the hormone oxytocin are believed to play a role in strengthening the mother-infant relationship. TENS can promote the release of endorphins through a comfortable tapping sensation that results in pain relief even after the unit is turned off.
The Elle is a great addition to every kind of birth. Whether you’re planning a home birth, a natural hospital birth, a birth with an epidural, or even a scheduled c-section, you can benefit from a TENS machine. After giving birth, you can use the Elle TENS for:
- postnatal pains
- post-operative pain following a c-section
- shoulder pain from breast feeding
- menstrual pain