If you are pregnant and considering the support of a doula, let me take a moment and congratulate you for embarking on a wonderful journey. You may be wondering what I can do for you. Let me share, first and foremost, I will support you with every choice you make and help you achieve your ideal birthing experience. My goal is that you feel empowered and know that your birth will leave you with a beautiful memory.
Imagine having someone in your life that knows everything there is to know about birth and babies, someone who will have those conversations with you and you partner during pregnancy to calm your nerves, discuss your fears and emotions and help to build your confidence and knowledge around childbirth. Imagine that someone who will drop everything to be by your side for your entire birth, someone who will answer your call in the middle of the night when you think you are in labour and someone who will always remind you how great you are doing and how powerful and amazing you are. Imagine that someone who helps you create your most ideal birth experience, listens for what you hope to accomplish and guides you through various ways to achieve all your birth goals. Imagine having that person in your life that knows that you trust your body, reminds you of the strength you have, someone who believes in YOU. That someone is called a DOULA.
As your doula, my job is to make sure you are happy, comfortable and have the best birth experience possible. I am there with you from the moment you are in labour up until an hour or two after baby is born and never leave your side. I offer emotional, physical and informational support and also help your partner fulfill their role during your labour by showing them how to provide previously discussed coping techniques that work for you. I can offer informational support, soothing touch and words of encouragement to help you progress during your labour. I can also provide breastfeeding support immediately after birth for you and baby should you desire it. My main goal is to create an environment where you feel relaxed and safe.
I feel very strongly that when women and partners have their voice and are comforted and cared for during childbirth, their experience can be a memorable one. I am committed to creating the space for you to achieve just that.
~Rossana Keay CD(DONA)
Birth Doula Package
Your birth doula package includes:
- Me, a professionally trained and certified birth doula with experience in doula support, childbirth and breastfeeding.
- 1-2 in-depth prenatal visits to cover your ideal birth experience, discuss your emotional feelings about birth and provide information and resources to help prepare you for your journey.
- A complete birth packet with helpful tools to prepare you for labour and a good place to store all your prenatal information, birth preferences and documents.
- A full resource list relating to your key focus areas. We will uncover your to focus areas in the prenatal visits.
- Daily access and support via email, phone or text during your pregnancy for any questions, concerns or motivation. 24 hour access and support during your on-call period.
- Emails with birth related articles, links, videos and other resources leading up to your due date.
- Attendance and continuous support during your birth.
- Non-medical comfort tools to use with you in labour.
- A back-up doula for the birth in case of a special circumstance.
- Lending library of pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding books to borrow up to 3 months postpartum.
- 1 postpartum follow-up to see how mom and baby are doing and to review your birth.
- 2 hours of postpartum support if needed
Postpartum Doula Package
Your postpartum doula package includes:
- Me, a professionally trained postpartum doula with experience in supporting new mothers, baby care, infant feeding, sibling adjustment and all aspects of in-home support.
- 1 in-depth prenatal or postnatal visit to cover your postpartum plan, discuss your needs for support and provide information and resources to help prepare you during your transition into motherhood.
- In-home support designed for your specific and unique needs.
- Support immediately after baby is born, in hospital, birth centre or home, (if required)
- Help with emotional and physical recovery after birth.
- Assistance in purchasing items you may need.
- Assistance and support in infant feeding, whether it be breastfeeding, bottle-feeding, pumping, or formula-feeding.
- Support in home, mornings, days, evenings and overnights, as determined by you.
- Daily access and support via email, phone or text (3 hours included)
- Assistance in soothing, settling and sleep techniques for baby
- Navigating through your options and assistance with newborn care, such as diapering, bathing, and comforting.
- Referrals to local resources such as parenting classes, lactation support and support groups.